07 March 2012

Downton Abbey

Like so many others, I have been obsessed with swept up into the world of Downton Abbey.  It incorporates so much of what I love: gorgeous period costumes, the English countryside, historical settings, and romance.  Every Sunday night during Season 2, you could be sure to find my family glued to the TV, armed with a bowl of popcorn and a cup of tea, eagerly anticipating each new episode.

Lady Mary has some of my favorite outfits, and I was inspired my the long black necklace she often wears in the evenings to create one of my own. 
I used large oval faceted beads, diamond-shaped crystals, and seed beads. Since it is so long, it does not need a clasp in the back.

I also was inspired by Lady Mary's wonderful burgundy wardrobe to create a fabric wallet.  The outside has a subtle deep burgundy floral pattern, accented with a silver button on the flap.
The inside fabric is cream with a hodge-podge of Edwardian Era shoes outlined in brown. 
The wallet has a coin purse, six credit card slots, and two long pockets for dollars, receipts, or even a check book. It will be for sale soon on my Etsy shop, so please check there soon if you are interested in it.  I am thinking of making one inspired by Lady Edith and Lady Sybil since I still have extra shoe fabric.

1 comment:

  1. hey! can't wait for the man-crafts to show up! :) you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete